Právě je úte čer 25, 2019 4:30 am

Obsah fóra » Masožravé rostliny » Taxonomie, fyziologie, anatomie

Všechny časy jsou v UTC + 1 hodina

Autor Zpráva
 Předmět příspěvku: ST. LOUIS (AP) — Milwaukee’s last NL MVP
PříspěvekNapsal: stř kvě 29, 2019 8:57 am 

thinks he is about to get some company.Led by Christian Yelich’s silky smooth game Brandon Kintzler Jersey , the Brewers are closing in on the playoffs.Yelich homered and drove in a career-high six runs, and surging Milwaukee hurt St. Louis’ postseason chances with a 12-4 victory over the Cardinals on Tuesday.“Just trying to help the boys out any way you can,” Yelich said. “A lot of guys came through in some big situations for us. That was a lot of fun tonight.”Ryan Braun went deep twice and Jesus Aguilar also connected as Milwaukee lowered its magic number for clinching a playoff spot to one. But the Brewers are thinking bigger after their fifth win in six games put them just a half-game back of the NL Central-leading Chicago Cubs.“I think the division is kind of what’s on our mind right now,” manager Craig Counsell said, “and I think we’ve earned that with the last two days.”Milwaukee (91-67) leads Colorado by 3½ games for the top wild card. St. Louis (87-71) dropped a half-game behind Colorado for the second NL wild card after the Rockies routed Philadelphia 10-3.“We have four games to play, and we feel good about the club we have and the kind of guys we have and the character we have and the talent we have,” Cardinals manager Mike Shildt said. “We’ll control what we can control and we’ll get after it and let the chips fall.”Following Wednesday’s series finale, Milwaukee closes the regular season with a weekend set at home against lowly Detroit. St. Louis also is off Thursday before beginning a three-game series against the slumping Cubs at Wrigley Field.Yadier Molina hit a three-run homer for the Cardinals, who had won six of seven before their 6-4 loss to Milwaukee on Monday night. Marcell Ozuna went 3 for 3 with a walk.St. Louis left the bases loaded in the fifth and seventh innings when Jedd Gyorko came up empty each time. Third baseman Mike Moustakas turned an inning-ending double play on Gyorko’s chopper near the bag in the fifth, and Gyorko flied to right for the final out of the seventh.“This one’s kind of on me,” Gyorko said. “I’ve got to find a way to get the job done in those situations.”Milwaukee scored 11 runs with two out, including its first six. Yelich came up with the bases loaded in the fourth and tripled into the gap in right-center, lifting the Brewers to a 6-0 lead. After Lorenzo Cain was intentionally walked with two out in the ninth, Yelich hit a three-run drive to center.“It’s part of the game, but at the same time, it’s a challenge,” Yelich said of the walk to Cain. “As a competitor Tanner Roark Jersey , you want to answer the challenge.”Yelich is batting .346 with seven homers and 28 RBIs in 22 games this month. He has 33 homers, 104 RBIs, 110 runs and 181 hits on the year, all career highs.Braun, who won the MVP award in 2011, said he thinks Yelich is about to join the club.“I can’t foresee a scenario in which he doesn’t win it,” Braun said. “He’s been so incredible for us in every facet of the game.”Taylor Williams (1-3), the second of six Milwaukee relievers after Gio Gonzalez pitched four innings, got three outs for the win. The Brewers used nine pitchers in their series-opening victory.Cardinals rookie Austin Gomber (6-2) was tagged for five runs and seven hits in 3 2/3 innings.LONG GONECardinals first baseman Matt Carpenter and Shildt were ejected in the seventh inning. Carpenter argued with home plate umpire Will Little after he was called out on strikes, and then was thrown out as he walked toward the dugout.“I understand the importance of staying in these games,” Carpenter said. “So when I get thrown out of the game as I’m walking away, that’s something I have a problem with.”TRAINER’S ROOMBrewers: All-Star reliever Jeremy Jeffress was available after he missed the series opener because of neck spasms.Cardinals: 2B Kolten Wong returned to the starting lineup for the first time since he left Friday’s victory over San Francisco with cramps in both hamstrings. He struck out swinging as a pinch hitter in the ninth inning of Monday’s loss. “Obviously at this point of the season no one’s 100 percent,” he said. “For me as long as I know I can run and I can play I’m going to be out there.”UP NEXTBrewers right-hander Jhoulys Chacin (14-8, 3.61 ERA) and Cardinals right-hander John Gant (7-6, 3.53 ERA) pitch Wednesday night in the series finale. Chacin is 0-3 with a 4.34 ERA in four September starts. Gant lasted just 2 2/3 innings in his last outing, yielding one run and four hits Friday against the Giants. DUNEDIN, Fla. (AP) — Marcus Stroman says it is “pretty disheartening” that veteran players like Adam Jones remain unsigned as full-squad spring training workouts are set to begin.“I’m someone who can speak on how much I have learned from these individuals Khris Davis Jersey , and I know how important they are to the game of baseball,” the Toronto Blue Jays right-hander said Sunday. “So to see these guys sitting at home and not have jobs, that’s absolute crazy.”Stroman, 27, will have a veteran role this season as the Blue Jays have undertaken a youth movement.“I think it’s a little weird to come into the clubhouse, me having Jose Bautista’s original locker when he used to be the veteran,” Stroman said.Beyond the unsigned star duo of Manny Machado and Bryce Harper, baseball’s free-agency pool still has a surprising number of big names in it: closer Craig Kimbrel, left-hander Dallas Keuchel, outfielder Carlos Gomez and infielder Josh Harrison included.Stroman also pointed out that others, including Melky Cabrera and Curtis Granderson, have only been able to find minor league deals.“The young wave of guys are extremely talented, but they need to be mentored,” Stroman said. “So I think it’s a premium that we start getting some of these guys that don’t have jobs, they need to have jobs. They should have jobs. They should be in clubhouses. It’s ridiculous that they’re not.”During his formative major league years, Stroman turned to players like Cabrera, Bautista http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-khris-davis-jersey , Mark Buehrle and Josh Donaldson for guidance.“I cannot tell you how much I’ve learned from those guys.” Stroman said. “Without those guy’s knowledge, I wouldn’t be the pitcher I am today. I want these guys that are young now to have that same feeling.”When asked if the Blue Jays front office has done everything it can to put the best team on the field, Stroman replied “we’re going to see.”“Are they doing what they need to do to put the best product on the field, at the end of the day I only care about what’s going on in the clubhouse and I promise you those 25 guys in the clubhouse, I’ll have those guys ready to rock,” Stroman said.Blue Jays general manager Ross Atkins said the team is excited about its veteran players like Justin Smoak, Kevin Pillar and Kendrys Morales.“We will to continue to bolster our roster anyway we possibly can,” Atkins said.Stroman is looking to rebound from last year when he went 4-9 with a 5.54 ERA over 19 starts. He missed six weeks with right shoulder fatigue and said the shoulder was not right all season.“I’m back to being where I was in 2017,” Stroman said. “I’m back to being extremely calm. I’m back to not having to worry about my shoulder. I’m excited for this year.”Stroman, who could become a free agent after the 2020 season, posted a 13-9 record in 2017.“I want to play here,” Stroman said. “I’ve been waiting to sign a long-term deal.”Stroman added that he has been “offered nothing” when it comes to a multiyear extension.“We’ve had lengthy discussions with Marcus’ representation,” Atkins said. “Just like any negotiation we have a pretty strong stance on that because of the impact it could have on the potential of getting something done. We like to keep that completely private.”PICKING UP THE PACEThe Blue Jays first full squad workout is Monday and will feature top prospect Vladimir Guerrero Jr. The son of Hall of Famer and former Montreal Expos great Vladimir Guerrero hit .402 at Double-A and .336 at Triple-A in 2018.The third baseman will likely start the regular season in the minors, a move that will enable Toronto to delay his potential free agency by a year.“Would you like to see him in the opening-day lineup?” Stroman said. “I’m a pitcher. I would love to see my guy hitting homers. Yes.”

Obsah fóra » Masožravé rostliny » Taxonomie, fyziologie, anatomie

Všechny časy jsou v UTC + 1 hodina